The IntelliPAP AutoAdjust unit can be operated in both conventional CPAP and AutoAdjust modes. AutoAdjust features include:
- Automatic pressure adjustment based on event density and type
- Adjustable definition of apnea and hypopnea (percentage and duration)
- Adjustable upper and lower pressure limits
- Adjustable delay setting for up to four hours
- Automatic detection of mask conditions and ultra-sensitive snoring detection
To learn more about the DeVilbiss IntelliPAP AutoAdjust snore and flow-based algorithm, please refer to the Clinical Overview: DeVilbiss IntelliPAP AutoAdjust.
This device offers patented SmartFlex® technology which offers three comfort settings, with each setting equating to an exact 1 cm H20 drop in pressure upon exhalation. DeVilbiss SmartFlex also features patented Flow Rounding which changes the slope of the pressure waveform during the transition from prescription pressure to the SmartFlex setting and vice versa.
This enables a smooth transition and decreases the likelihood of waking the CPAP user. There are six levels of flow rounding with level 0 having the steepest slope and quickest transition and level five having the gentlest slope and slowest transition.